Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Nokia Bell Labs 2020 Global Internship Program


Since the beginning of 2020, I am working inside Nokia Bell Labs (NBL), as part of my European Industrial Doctorate [EID] program, which requires that half of my Ph.D. (18 months) be inside an industrial research institution. It is a unique opportunity, since NBL is one of the strongest institutions in the field of optics worldwide, with no less than 9 Nobel prize awardees in several areas of research.

This summer, the interns of NBL had the pleasure to attend the first online Nokia Bell Labs 2020 Global Internship Program. It was a 2-month schedule where we were able to talk and discuss with the Nokia Bell Labs President Marcus Weldon in person! Firepit chats with Industry Luminaries! Fun puzzle games in the UNIX platform (which, by the way, is open to anyone who would like to enjoy: https://lnkd.in/dJbASwQ). Finally, the lab. talks where we learned what all departments at NBL are doing and planning to do.

Through the duration of the summer program, I could learn about 5G networks, develop my skills in artificial intelligence, security, and much more. I could also take part in a course on End to End 5G Foundation, which expanded my perspective on the subject. Truly appreciate the summer program #NokiaBellLabs, it was well organized, fun, and informative! #5g


 


No comments:

Post a Comment